June 19, 2016
½ pound wild haddock or any other white fish
Himalayan pink salt
½ cup chopped onions
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 teas. chili powder
1 teas. curry powder
2½ teas. red pepper flakes
2.5 cups coconut milk or 20 ounces
2 Table. tamari sauce or soy sauce
1 teas. raw sugar
Himalayan pink salt to taste
1. Dry fish with towel and season with salt and pepper. Heat medium size pan and cover bottom with oil. Place fish in pan skin side down and fry until skin has fallen or skin is crispy.
2. Remove fish and add onions and cook and stir for 1 minute. Turn fire to almost low and add garlic, ginger, chili, curry, and red pepper flakes.
3. Saute for 30 -40 seconds and add coconut milk, tamari/soy sauce and raw sugar. Cook sauce for 2 minutes or until it has thickened to coat back of spoon.
4. Return fish to sauce and finish cooking until fish is opaque and no longer transparent.
5. Season with salt and serve with rice pilaf.